• May 22, 2018 at 4:44 am

Nearby at Halton is a fascinating slice of even older history. Overlooking the church is a hill on which once stood an ancient wooden castle. This was one of the homes of Earl Tostig who was the brother of King Harold, killed at the Battle of Hastings.

File   In this Wednesday, March 15, 2017, file photo, Indian Border Security Force soldiers, with their belongings, leave for their bunker at the India Pakistan international border area at Suchetgarh in Ranbir Singh Pura, about 27 kilometers (17 miles) south of Jammu, India. India needed just two years to build a 550 kilometer (340 mile) fence along the disputed border area with Pakistan a decade ago. Now a high tech barrier, it is laced with thermal imaging devices, motion sensors and lighting systems along a mined strip of land between two rows of coiled razor wire.

“He’s been there, been one of my best friends the past three years,” Axtell said of Ruskowski. “He took me in as a volunteer and showed me everything and he stood by me through a divorce, he stood by me when they made me an official assistant. He’s an awesome coach and an awesome human being and it’s unfortunate the circumstances were what they were and that decision was made.”.