• November 9, 2018 at 2:01 am

<div id=”content_id”>SUNRISE Adidas Philipp Grubauer Jersey , Fla. (AP) Vincent Trocheck got the Florida Panthers going at just the right time Saturday night.Denis Malgin snapped a tie with 3:45 left after Trocheck tied the game with a pair of goals, and the Panthers overcame a two-goal deficit by scoring four times in the third period for a 4-2 victory over the Arizona Coyotes.Trocheck put Florida on the board at 6:13 of the third when his wrister beat goalie Darcy Kuemper to the short side. The center tied it at 2 when Mark Pysyk’s shot deflected off the post and Trocheck reached around and tapped it in for the first 30-goal season of his career.”We needed one of our big guys to step up. For (Trocheck) to get his 30th there, I think it’s a statement,” Panthers coach Bob Boughner said. ”That’s what he’s been all year. I call him the engine of the team. When he’s going, we’re going.”Florida improved to 10-2-0 in its last 12 home games.Malgin scored from the slot by gathering a loose puck and firing in his 11th of the season.”It’s always nice to score. If it’s a game-winning goal it’s nice, but most important is that we won this game and it was huge for us for the playoffs,” said Malgin, who was moved from second-line right wing to the same spot on the third line.”My line has done a good job. I was just waiting there and the puck came to me and I just shot it and it went in.”The Panthers remained three points behind New Jersey for the final Eastern Conference playoff spot. Florida has two games in hand on the Devils.”Their big boys started to play, Trocheck and (Aleksander) Barkov. We didn’t have an answer for them,” Arizona coach Rick Tocchet said.Jamie McGinn added an empty-netter with 14 seconds to play, with Trocheck getting an assist for a three-point night.”Momentum is a real thing in hockey. We knew if we got one we would get that momentum and kind of keep throwing pucks at the net and hopefully get a couple bounces to go in,” said Trocheck, whose previous high was 25 goals during the 2015-16 season.Clayton Keller and Richard Panik scored for the Coyotes, and Derek Stepan had two assists.In a matchup of backup goalies, James Reimer made 26 saves for the Panthers while starting in place of an ailing Roberto Luongo. Kuemper stopped 43 shots for Arizona.”Obviously Adidas Cale Makar Jersey , they’re desperate in the position they’re at. They just kind of kept coming. Unfortunately, we just couldn’t hold them off,” said Kuemper, traded to Arizona by the Los Angeles Kings on Feb. 21. ”It’s a desperate team over there that was able to get the upper hand late.”Keller scored when Panik’s shot from the right circle bounced to the rookie, who netted his 22nd goal at 14:36 of the first period for a 1-0 lead.That tied Keller for most goals by a Coyotes rookie with Peter Mueller in 2007-08. Keller also holds the franchise rookie records for assists and points. The 19-year-old right wing stretched his point streak to seven games.Arizona made it 2-0 when Stepan’s shot on the power play deflected off Panik and past Reimer at 1:33.The goal was Panik’s 11th this season and third in four games. The left wing also has a five-game point streak.NOTES: Arizona scratched centers Laurent Dauphin, Freddie Hamilton and Zac Rinaldo, plus defensemen Jason Demers and Niklas Hjalmarsson (lower body), who sustained a non-contact injury in Arizona’s 6-5 loss Thursday at Carolina. … Stepan has four consecutive multi-point games. . D Trevor Murphy, 22, who was acquired from Nashville last month, made his NHL debut after splitting time between AHL affiliates Tucson and Milwaukee. … Florida scratched forwards Micheal Haley, Connor Brickley and Radim Vrbata, plus defenseman Ian McCoshen. … The Panthers recalled G Harri Sateri from Springfield, with Luongo sore from the recent road trip. … Florida D Aaron Ekblad, the No. 1 pick in the 2014 draft Adidas Adam Clendening Jersey , played in his 300th game. … The Panthers honored founding owner H. Wayne Huizenga, who died on Friday. Huizenga also was the founding owner of the Florida Marlins and owned the Miami Dolphins. … Florida hosted Panther Conservation Night in an effort to raise awareness about the Florida panther, an endangered cougar that inhabits the Everglades and South Florida.UP NEXTCoyotes: At the Tampa Bay Lightning on Monday night.Panthers: At the New York Islanders on Monday night.— WASHINGTON (AP) In a game that didn’t feel much like the postseason, the Washington Capitals gave future playoff opponents fair warning about how they handle tight games.Outshot by a team eliminated from contention, Washington stayed close before tying it late and beating the New York Rangers 3-2 in overtime on Wednesday night. Braden Holtby stopped 35 of 37 shots, Lars Eller forced overtime and Evgeny Kuznetsov won it to push the Metropolitan Division-leading Capitals closer to their fourth consecutive playoff appearance.Even if it wasn’t the kind of showing the Capitals would like to have come playoff time, Eller’s goal with 1:50 left and Kuznetsov’s 38 seconds into overtime showed what they could do when it matters.”I think we play better when it’s close,” Holtby said. ”With our skill, I think it forces us to turn things on late in the game and I think guys take that as a challenge. That’s I think a reason why you can see us bring it to a next level to try and force the other team into feeling a bit of panic and open up space.”There was little panic in the Rangers, who were playing their first game with no playoff implications since 2004, and they turned that looseness into a 37-33 shot advantage. Henrik Lundqvist made 30 saves and Kevin Hayes and Ryan Spooner scored, but New York lamented a defensive miscue on Eller’s goal that let the game slip away.”So frustrating,” Lundqvist said after his first game with no hope of playoffs in his NHL career. ”When you’re tied up that late after playing so hard and doing so many good things, it doesn’t matter where you are in the standings, you want to win games and sit in here and feel good about a win. They came back and got it. It bothers me.”After the Capitals came back and got two valuable points Adidas Riley Nash Jersey , they can clinch with help around the league or by picking up a point Friday at home against Carolina. There are lower expectations on Washington this year after back-to-back Presidents’ Trophies and second-round exits, but Holtby said making the playoffs was a goal at the start of the season.It’s within reach now.”It’s the first step on the way,” Eller said. ”We want to win our division and go into the playoffs on a high note.”Holtby looks like he could be heading into the playoffs on a high note after almost two months of struggles and a minor lower-body injury. He would have liked to stop Spooner’s third-period goal on a shot that beat him clean, but with a question of whether Holtby or Philipp Grubauer will start, it helped that the 2016 Vezina Trophy winner finally looks like his normal self again.”I felt comfortable,” Holtby said. ”It’s something I’m not used to – not playing much. The stamina and such was a little different than I was used to, but it felt good to go out there and just get to work and play in a high-intensity game.”There are many more high-intensity games to come for the Capitals, who can soon exhale about making the playoffs and prepare for the next step.”The NHL how it is, it doesn’t really matter where you are in the standings,” Holtby said. ”The guys should be proud. We should be proud we’re in a position like that.”NOTES: Rangers assistant Lindy Ruff missed the game after hitting his head on the ice at practice Thursday. Coach Alain Vigneault said Ruff was hospitalized and diagnosed with a concussion but was in good spirits and expected to be back with the team in a few days. … F Shane Gersich, a 2014 fifth-round pick who signed with Washington last week after his season at North Dakota ended, made his NHL debut. … Pheonix Copley backed up Holtby because Grubauer felt a ”tweak” in the Capitals’ game at the Rangers on Tuesday, according to coach Barry Trotz.UP NEXTRangers: Return home to face the playoff-bound Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday night.Capitals: Host the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday night.—</div>